Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 69: Encouragement

Encouragement can do a lot to boost one's spirit or frame of mind.  I haven't been feeling down, but recently I have received kind words via an anonymous email, remarks from friends, and even tweets on Twitter that have helped me to refocus and become re-energized in my goal for this blog.  My original intent was to create a document that someday I can share with Isla, highlighting good news and hope.  This is for her.  And it still my goal today, Day 69.

But as I have been writing and researching, and the archive grows larger and larger with each passing day, John hasn't allowed me to be "selfish" with this good news.  Good news is meant to be shared.  And so he has equipped me and this blog with all of the latest social media paraphernalia.  I blog.  I tweet.  I Facebook.  And the crazy thing is, more and more of you are reading.  Because, I believe, we all want to hear good news.  It awakens our soul.  Gets our minds churning.  And instead of sitting back sighing woe is me, we get motivated to do something to improve the woe we see.  Good news is encouraging.

I feel like I still am seeing the world for what it is.  But instead of stopping and dwelling on the problem, I have chosen to look for the hope and progress that is being made.  It may be small, still in the start-up phase.  Like Sole Hope, who is still planning, developing shoe patterns, and raising money, but who hopes to soon be educating women in Africa on how to sew shoes to reduce the prevalence of disease in small communities.  Or it may be well-established, impacting millions.  Like the World Food Programme, established in 1962, whose aim for 2010 is to reach 90 million people with food assistance in more than 70 countries.  All of these people and organizations that I have found and learned more about are encouraging me daily, and I hope in turn that you also are being encouraged along with me.

I cherish the comments, tweets, and emails that I receive.  Please keep sending along good news that you encounter.  Thanks for being an encouragement to me, and to those around you.  


Twitter Updates – Follow Good News for Isla on Twitter.
RSS Subscription – Subscribe to Good News for Isla via RSS in a reader.
Email Updates – Sign up for email updates

No comments:

Post a Comment